Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wacnstac
    replied
    Then what do I have to do to make this work? All the other forums on this same server are pulling RSS in just fine and the versions that I'm running range from 3.8.1 to 3.8.7. Why does this one behave differently? I have not hacked the vb source files. The feeds are valid. The RSS feed manager correctly shows them as being hit at the correct time intervals, however nothing ever gets posted despite the fact that there are new RSS items and nothing gets put in the vb Cron log either.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It is not a bug.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Should I file a Jira issue about this?

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    I never see entries "RSS Poster Robot" in the scheduled tasks log for this forum like I should.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Hmmm, and it does get scheduled and the admincp thinks that they executed, but they never appear in the vb log file.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Its not, its a scheduled task in the admincp.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    If anybody could tell me where vbulletin stuff the RSS cron stuff on a LAMP box it would be very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Yeah I know where those are and there definitely is a scheduled task in there for RSS. In fact it is scheduled every 10 minutes. I need to know where and what this translates to on the server side so I can debug why these RSS feeds aren't being pulled in properly on this particular install.

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    There are no crontab entries for vbulletin however, you will find scheduled tasks in the admin control panel which are driven by site activity.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    There are other Cron jobs for this particular installation of vb that are working just fine like Birthdays, etc. This is a very busy forum. If someone could just tell me where a list of the vbulletin generated Cron jobs might be found on a LAMP server, I might be able to go in at a lower level and poke around to see what the problem might be.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are the other cron jobs running? Is there traffic on the site?

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    started a topic Cron job for RSS in

Cron job for RSS in

Hi,

I am attempting to get some incoming RSS feeds running to some particular forums on one vb install that I run on a server. This server has 3 other vb installs (various versions 3.8.4 - 3.8.7) installed and RSS in works on all of them. Near as I can tell even though I have the Cron job for RSS on the forum in question configured to run every 10 minutes, it never runs. The only way RSS in gets updated on this particular forum is if I run it manually.

Can anybody point me in a direction to debug this problem? Were would I look on a LAMP server to find all the vb related CRON jobs so I could potentially see a missing one for this board in question?

The same board I am having the RSS problems with does run other vb CRON jobs just fine (such as the auto user promotion job).

The RSS log shows no entry for the RSS jobs that I have setup but the time stamp in the RSS Feed Manager does get updated. Very strange.