X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parttimepoker
    replied
    Originally posted by Vcize View Post
    Nevermind, this was an issue with the youtube BB code. If the user put the entire URL rather than just the video ID, it redirected them.
    SO how did you fix this to prevent it from happening???

Leave a comment:

• Lord of Mirrors
    replied
    Originally posted by Vcize View Post
    Nevermind, this was an issue with the youtube BB code. If the user put the entire URL rather than just the video ID, it redirected them.
    That was my first thought, I shouldn't have dismissed it!

However, the thread title itself shouldn't be redirecting off the board.

Leave a comment:

• Lord of Mirrors
    replied
    Block IE 6 and earlier totally, and you get rid of 99.999% of ALL spam. There's a hack for that, works great:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248758

If a hapless, clueless, ignorant real human person is still using IE6 or earlier, he/she is truly a rare beast and really needs to upgrade.

In the past when I have seen what you describe happening, it's always been from an exploit in an add-on style. Lots of the "free" styles you find out there are free because, they have these exploits intentionally built in. If this is happening with all such actors using the same style, that is something to look into.

Here's another thing that might be helpful: On the page in postbit where you know one of these posts is, capture the page source code and analyze it. You should find whatever code they are using for redirect there and also be able to determine how they got it in.

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    started a topic Users being redirected offsite when clicking thread titles

Users being redirected offsite when clicking thread titles

It would seem that someone has figured out some new spam exploit. Certain people have been registering and creating topics that actually redirect my users offsite (to a youtube video) as soon as they click on the thread title in the forum list.

HTML is disabled, I'm running 3.8.6.

Is anyone familiar with this exploit and a way to combat it?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X