Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show username color on view threads page (by usergroup)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vcize
    replied
    Originally posted by Lats View Post
    Thanks. It's a bit of a crude way to do it but it's certainly better than nothing

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    Try this thread for a variation...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...rent-usergroup

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I don't think musername field is available on that area.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    It looks like you'll need to ask at vb.org

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That is by design. It does not change the names there.

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Use the HTML Markup function:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Username HTML Markup
    That shows the colors on the view posts page.

Currently I have 3 colors. Registered users are green, admins are yellow, and moderators are red. These colors all show up fine on the view posts page.

However, on the view threads page in the screenshot I posted, they all show up as white, regardless of their html markup.

What I want to do is leave them white on that page, except for one particular usergroup which I want to show their HTML markup on that page as well.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Use the HTML Markup function:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Username HTML Markup

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    started a topic Show username color on view threads page (by usergroup)

Show username color on view threads page (by usergroup)

Currently, on the view threads page of my forum all user names show up as white. (See attachment).

I would like to have an official "news" staff on my site so people can tell which threads they really need to pay attention to.

I have a separate usergroup for these people, with a different colored username.

How can I make their username show up in that color on the view threads page without affecting the color of the names of regular registered users that show up there? Is this something that I can handle with a setting or would it require complicated theme changes?
    Attached Files