Recommended Thread Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Thread Size

I have some threads that have 100,000+ replies. I know this is causing the server to slow down, but what can I do to help with this? Just split the thread at a certain point if so what is the recommended thread size that I shouldnt exceed?

These are very popular threads, and people are always posting to them. Any help that you can provide me would be great.

Thanks

Depends on the server. I've seen some sites split them at 1,000 intervals.

Perhaps try splitting it in half first, or maybe into 20,000 blocks, see if that helps?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

wouldn't split. I'd lock then have them then start (or have them start)"The all new xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thread" or do it by year. what are they post whoring threads? Then archive the old ones as plain read only html so they don't drag on mysql.

Comment

You should not have to split anything; please make sure you have optimized database settings and correct index on the posts table - I have threads with hundreds of thousands of replies and no issues.
        anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
        Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
        Please be my friend!
        http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
        vBulletin Performance Articles:
        Click here to read

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X