Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Board registration turned off message - edit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board registration turned off message - edit.

i think i found the string in question, but could a a vb rep please confirm where i can change/edit the wording shown when the forum registration is turned off.
    at the moment the default sentence is: "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."
    i'd like to add a few more words after it as per: "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator. blah blah blah"

Hi,

search using the phrasemanager for "noregister" (no quotes) but to edit phrases i believe you have to turn on debug mode(i might be wrong here)

Comment

hello, zach? HELLO?!?

Comment

You have your answer above - customise the "noregister" phrase.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

okay, i found it, but the help says: "Editing a Phrase - On this screen you can edit an existing phrase for use in the templates. You cannot change the variablename or text to insert; you can only change the translations of the phrase."
          so do i have to use debug? that sounds slightly scary.
          is it ok if i do that vbulletin people? i mean could it stuff things up? should i just not bother?

Comment

hi,

in "/includes/config.php" right after the "<?php" add

PHP Code:
            $config['Misc']['debug'] =1
            upload and try again

NOTE:do not leave on debug mode on a public forum as it displays sensitive server information

to turn it of either change 1 to 0 or place a // in fron of it

Comment

Originally posted by Suiram View Post
              okay, i found it, but the help says: "Editing a Phrase - On this screen you can edit an existing phrase for use in the templates. You cannot change the variablename or text to insert; you can only change the translations of the phrase."
              so do i have to use debug? that sounds slightly scary.
              is it ok if i do that vbulletin people? i mean could it stuff things up? should i just not bother?

Just type what you want into the box and hit Save. By default you are using the English (US) language.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X