How to troubleshoot plugin errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to troubleshoot plugin errors?

Hi, I am having some problems with my forum, I woke up this morning to find my forum covered in these errors:

Warning: Failure in [path]/global.php on line 607
    Please contact support about

Warning: Failure in [path]/global.php on line 1091

Warning: Failure in [path]/index.php on line 67

Warning: Failure in [path]/includes/functions_forumlist.php on line 393
    Lots more than that lol

So I disabled hooks globally (all those lines are lines calling hooks) which took the warnings away. I then disabled all my plugins in the Product Manager, re-enabled the hooks in config and the warnings are still there....so I'm kind of lost lol

I wasn't installing products when the warnings popped up, nor was I even in admin (I am the only admin), they just appeared overnight, seemingly out of nowhere. Given that disabling the products themselves didn't remove the warnings, what is my next step?

Thanx in advance
    Lissa
    Digiscrap Forum (vBulletin 3.8.7 PL2)
    HunnyBee Design (vBulletin 3.8.7 PL2)

Disable all products; turn them all off; then turn each one on, one by one, to see the exact product causing the issue.
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

Hi Anders, I did disable all the products and the warnings were all still there. I am presently in the plugin manager and have disabled all the hook locations and one by one am re -enabling them. I have so far found that any plugin that calls one of these two hooks is failing:

Warning: Failure in [path]/global.php on line 1091 {global_setup_complete}
      Warning: Failure in [path]/index.php on line 596 {forumhome_complete}

I am also reuploading the forum files to make sure none got corrupted somehow, I've had 4 plugins so far cause the warnings when I re-enable them....would this still be a plugin issue or something else causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by christon26 View Post
        Hi Anders, I did disable all the products and the warnings were all still there. I am presently in the plugin manager and have disabled all the hook locations and one by one am re -enabling them. I have so far found that any plugin that calls one of these two hooks is failing:

I am also reuploading the forum files to make sure none got corrupted somehow, I've had 4 plugins so far cause the warnings when I re-enable them....would this still be a plugin issue or something else causing this?
        If you disabled all products and had the warnings; then its a different issue and you might have to check with your host.
        Please be my friend!
        Click here to read

Comment

Try re-installing one of them, it could be the cache of the code in the datastore, and re-installing one will rebuild the datastore cache.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Thank you...I will ask them if they changed anything overnight.

Comment

Sorry Paul, I didn't see your post there till just now.

I reuploaded the forum files and now when I try to make any of the plugins active I am just getting a blank page.

During this process I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple opf the products and it is still giving me grief lol

Could I empty the datastore in the db? Is that safe?

Comment

Okay, it really sounds like you should open a support ticket for this.
                Please be my friend!
                Click here to read

Comment

Blank page = uploaded old .htaccess LOL now to k out the rest :P

Comment

Originally posted by christon26 View Post
                    Could I empty the datastore in the db? Is that safe?
                    I wouldnt advise it unless you are sure what you are doing, it contains a lot of stuff.

I'd go with Anders and suggest you open a ticket.

The errors you are getting are quite weird, they dont look like normal php errors.
                    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Will do....why do these things always happen when it's the last thing you need LOL thanx all for trying to help

Comment

FYI, as per the support ticket, disabling all third-party plugins fixed this.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Disabling the products had no change, as I stated in my previous post, when I manually unchecked all the plugins in the Plugin Manager the warnings went away, the result as when I used the config to globally disable the hooks.

When I started manually checking each plugin, MOST of them caused the warnings when I re-enabled....so that's where I still stand confused on how it can be one single plugin....this also happened during the night when no one was doing anything with the plugins or files.

Here is a small snippet of the troubleshooting logs I was keeping as I went through the plugins list:

Enabled VBSEO hooks - all clear

Blogs:
                          ^^disabled again

Product : Adam's Subscribed Thread Notifications - all clear
                          Product : Add Ignore User To Postbit Dropdown - all clear
                          Product : Add Navbar To Registration Page - all clear

Product : Admin Log In As User
                          ^^disabled again

Product : AdminCP Top 10 Statistic - all clear
                          Product : Advanced Private Messages Options - all clear

Product : Attachments Statistics
                          ^^disabled again

Product : Banned Members Log
                          ^^disabled again
                          I do understand that third party plugins are not supported here, however no this is not "fixed" for me. At this point, I am just hopeful that my hosting can help fix the issue...

Comment

Which is why my instructions specifically stated to manually uncheck your third-party plugins.

The reason I don't just say to disable them in config.php is because doing that will also disable supported vB products.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              Which is why my instructions specifically stated to manually uncheck your third-party plugins.
                              I have....ALL of them, and also disabled the products in Product Manager....going through and re-enabling them one at a time I am getting the warnings for every single plugin INCLUDING the ones you said not to disable, vbBlogs

I have posted on vb.org but this is incredibly frustrating as how am I supposed to find which plugin it is (assuming it actually is a plugin) if ALL of them are giving warnings??

And this auto-save you have here keeps eating my words LOL

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X