Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is doing my head in!!!!!!

Here we go...

First off last weekend my forum was hacked by Team Animus and I removed the crap they added but they must of included a backdoor and totally deleted every single file associated to my forums under my public_html folder. I then re-uploaded a fresh (latest) version ov VB and compared the database with a fresh VB database and removed all fields that was not needed and removed all installed hacks so that I could get the forum back to a basic forum.

I reuploded my skin, added a few hacks (6 in total) did a few file edits and all was great and looking fine.

This I did and all was well....................... I thought until someone pointed out that not a single member can login and gets the incorrect password.

I admin have also been locked out and have to wait 15 mins to get VB to reset but not a single member can log into my forum.

I have disabled all hacks via the config file, changed the cookie and still no joy.

Now, why is this happening all of a sudden and I've read loads and loads of threads here and Im not the only person with this problem.

Any pointers or better still help and a fix.

Regards,

Brian

PS,
    Been a user of VB for many, many years and this is doing my head in.

Check out this thread, maybe you'll find some useful informations there.

Comment

Thanks M8 will do just that now.

Also I've just noticed...... If I wait the 15 mins I can log in (admin) and continue to do so but if I try and log in using a test account it gets kicked with wrong password and says I have to wait another 15 mins and if I then try and log back in using my admin account (which works) that gets kicked as well.

So is the problem cookie based or hash problem?

Comment

My fault, haven't read all parts of your post. I would assume you have done something wrong when you did it in this way you have done it, not very common to do it this way.
        Normally if you upload a newer release you have to run the upgrade, you haven't done this so far as I understand? What version was the old and what the new one?

Comment

Cant remember what the old version was but its now 3.8.5 and I did run the upgrade script.

Comment

Thinks I've resolved my problem and now I can log in and out, miss type passwords and usernames and I dont get the wait 15 mins page after an incorrect entry.

All I did was as follows:

Vbulletin Options> Cookie and HTTP Header Options>

In cookie domain change from the default / and choose the .domain.co.uk (your forums domain)

Vbulletin Options> Server Settings and Optimization Options>

Change Safe Mode Upload Enabled from Yes to No.

And

Change Use Remote YUI From Google to None.

Thats all I did and now Im able to use all the passwords ok, create a user and thats logs in ok.

Strange but I hope it works and stays fixed.

Regards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X