Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JonB93
    replied
    Right, which is what I'm going to do. Was hoping though I could do 3.8.2 first, then do 3.8.3 zip file by zip file. Looks like I'll have to do 3.8.7 full blown tho.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    The best thing to do is set up a test site with a copy of your live site database and test the upgrade on it first.

Leave a comment:

• JonB93
    replied
    Thanks Lynne;

So is there anyway to do it patch by patch like 3.8.2, then 3.8.3, etc? I hate to go directly to 3.8.7 until I test each release on my testsite first to make sure nothing breaks.

In the download section I only see 3.8.7 tho...

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You may want to read this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...te-quot-a-user

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The only supported way is to upgrade to 3.8.7 normally., There is no other viable option.

Leave a comment:

• JonB93
    started a topic Site Possibly Compromised Looking For Suggestions

Site Possibly Compromised Looking For Suggestions

Hello vb team;

Our site lately has been targeted for backlink spam and our google results have plummeted. It's been an ordeal. Our site currently runs vb 3.8.1 and I know there has been updates since...and I was looking for a changelog. I want to upgrade to the latest 3.8 release because I'm sure its more secure..but hate to affect any of my modifications.

Anyways my co-admin posted a google topic here: http://www.google.com/support/forum/...65239f1c&hl=en

and we got a response from this person willing to help and offer suggestions. He was able to create a duplicate userid on our forums and post. So now we have 2 userids of the same name, so he somehow compromised our vb forums to show us that it's insecure.

This poses some concern for us, because I'm sure we are being targeted for spam, as google stopped indexing us.

What are some recommendations? I need to know how to better secure our forums. Starting with upgrades or htaccess, etc. Any links or any information would be so much appreciated.

Thank you vb support!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X