Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the clientscript folder?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing the clientscript folder?

    How can I change the name of the clientscript folder and keep everything working? I want to do this for security reasons.

    Thanks

  • #2
    You cant. Its hard coded (embedded) in a lot of places.

    Changing the name would be pointless anyway, it would take about 3 seconds to find out any new name (just view the page source).
    Baby, I was born this way

    Comment


    • #3
      dutchbb, you still having problems with .js files getting molested in the clientscript?
      sigpic
      Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports


      Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Paul M View Post
        You cant. Its hard coded (embedded) in a lot of places.

        Changing the name would be pointless anyway, it would take about 3 seconds to find out any new name (just view the page source).
        Thank you Paul, that's what I was afraid of.

        Originally posted by reefland View Post
        dutchbb, you still having problems with .js files getting molested in the clientscript?
        Yeah, I've already payed two coders on vb.org and they couldn't find anything. All plugins disabled too. I'm running out of options.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've tried the same thing with no luck, and have been hacked repeatedly. I'm pretty sure we are using the same hosting company also; ASmallOrange.com.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by OttoBomb View Post
            I've tried the same thing with no luck, and have been hacked repeatedly. I'm pretty sure we are using the same hosting company also; ASmallOrange.com.
            My problem is solved, it wasn't the hosting and I'm using a different host too.

            What we've did is close all server ports that are not essential and disable all services and scripts that are not essential. Also change all passwords, update all scripts to the latest.

            Comment


            • #7
              So you know the problem is solved, or you implemented higher security and hope there are no backdoors? I'm not sure you can say the problem is fixed until you can say with certainty how the attackers got in. Have you in fact determined this? The reason I ask is that I've done everything you said and it seems to keep happening.

              Comment


              • #8
                Now the turds are adding plugins through the CP instead of editing .js files or adding .php files.
                sigpic
                Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports


                Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by reefland View Post
                  Now the turds are adding plugins through the CP instead of editing .js files or adding .php files.
                  Was it on June 4th? Would love to discuss our similar issues, pm sent your way. Email me back when you can.
                  Last edited by OttoBomb; Tue 7th Jun '11, 8:38pm.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OttoBomb View Post
                    So you know the problem is solved, or you implemented higher security and hope there are no backdoors? I'm not sure you can say the problem is fixed until you can say with certainty how the attackers got in. Have you in fact determined this? The reason I ask is that I've done everything you said and it seems to keep happening.
                    In my case there was a webmail app with a leak, so I disabled all of them since I don't use them anyway. I use to get hacks every day, now it has been almost a month without succeeded attempts.

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X