X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ikorolis
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    The chances of the exploit in third party, is considerably higher than our code. Not to say that we are perfect either.
    If you get hacked, and you're running third party code, the first thing should be to review that code and cleanup the mess.
    Historicly very few exploits in the software have been due to actual vBulletin code, often it is third party code that gets exploited.
    agree with you

but remember all software have bugs no one bug free.

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasper Aguila View Post
    Did you make a backup?
    I have a database backup the last 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• wpeloquin
    replied
    Originally posted by acwatts View Post
    Can someone tell me what to do to get control of my forums again. They just say they are closed and I am been stopped from gaing access via admincp.
    This is the same for myself. If there is a way to gain control of the forums via a database modification, that would be helpful to many i imagine. I tried password protecting the database, disabling all the plugins related (vsafrules) and the product itself directly in the database via phpmyadmin, deleted all the spam user accounts created, and overwrote the index.php file with the original, and still did not work. I am now doing a full rollback (thank god for backups).

Leave a comment:

• ikorolis
    replied
    nice and smart idea the backup (anyone have use computers have know this word)

but many hosters if know not using backup give this action to clients

i know many sites have large db and cannot backup anytime

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by ikorolis View Post
    my friend to represent vb support

sorry dont agree with you NOT ALWAYS FAULT THE HACK MODS FOR VB (without this mods no have good reason to pay your software and installed on my website (try other payment software "ip board" or try open source software)

my rating your support staff is very low for many reasons.
    The chances of the exploit in third party, is considerably higher than our code. Not to say that we are perfect either.
    If you get hacked, and you're running third party code, the first thing should be to review that code and cleanup the mess.
    Historicly very few exploits in the software have been due to actual vBulletin code, often it is third party code that gets exploited.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper Aguila
    replied
    Originally posted by acwatts View Post
    I have been hacked after updating this addon, can someone tell me what I need to do to gain access to my admin account again and turn my forums back on.
    Did you make a backup?

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    I have been hacked after updating this addon, can someone tell me what I need to do to gain access to my admin account again and turn my forums back on.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper Aguila
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Actually, it wasnt established as fact, that just seemed the most likely suspect as a potential flaw was found in it.
    In any case it is definitely something to place emphasis on.

Leave a comment:

• Alfa1
    replied
    There may be more going on than the advanced rules addon.

Leave a comment:

• ikorolis
    replied
    my friend to represent vb support

sorry dont agree with you NOT ALWAYS FAULT THE HACK MODS FOR VB (without this mods no have good reason to pay your software and installed on my website (try other payment software "ip board" or try open source software)

my rating your support staff is very low for many reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Actually, it wasnt established as fact, that just seemed the most likely suspect as a potential flaw was found in it.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper Aguila
    replied
    Originally posted by ikorolis View Post
    Hi

many reasons there is fault and one website is hacked

maybe the vb software (but is payment software and have good support to clients) and give advice to avoid hack attacks.

maybe the vb hack mods

this is my personal opinion.
    Hi,

It has already been established that a 3rd party plugin was the culprit...
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post2153810

Leave a comment:

• ikorolis
    replied
    Hi

many reasons there is fault and one website is hacked

maybe the vb software (but is payment software and have good support to clients) and give advice to avoid hack attacks.

maybe the vb hack mods

this is my personal opinion.

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    Can someone tell me what to do to get control of my forums again. They just say they are closed and I am been stopped from gaing access via admincp.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by EricGT View Post
    According to the last post in this thread: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...177559&page=21 , it isn't fixed. This guy says he just installed the latest version and got hacked.
    The specific issue that was reported was fixed by Valter (and a few others actually).

Leave a comment: