No announcement yet.

Attacments all of a sudden not showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacments all of a sudden not showing?

I have VB (3.8.1) installed at 2 different websites and just noticed as of today that attachments no longer load on either website? Nothing has been changed recently so not sure what the problem is, any ideas or places to start looking?

My host (dedicated server) thinks there is an error somehow occurring on the part of the code in the attachment.php that is running the MySQL query to get the information about the attachment?
    Do not click this link... you may save hundreds on your auto insurance.

Originally posted by coloradok5 View Post
    I have VB (3.8.1) installed at 2 different websites and just noticed as of today that attachments no longer load on either website? Nothing has been changed recently so not sure what the problem is, any ideas or places to start looking?

My host (dedicated server) thinks there is an error somehow occurring on the part of the code in the attachment.php that is running the MySQL query to get the information about the attachment?
    What is happening exactly? We need more info in order to help.
    Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Sat 2nd Apr '11, 12:53am.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve
      With firefox instead of seeing the attached picture you see a link to the picture, when you try to open it you just get a download status indicator and the picture never loads.
      With IE instead of seeing the attached picture you see a broken link (red x) to the picture, when you try to open it you just get a download status indicator and the picture never loads.

Comment

What is the URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

removed the url
          Last edited by coloradok5; Sun 3rd Apr '11, 5:31pm.

Comment

Link to a specific post with this problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

removed the url
              Last edited by coloradok5; Sun 3rd Apr '11, 5:31pm.

Comment

Thanks but you don't allow guests to download attachments.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Can I PM you a registered username and password?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    Thanks but you don't allow guests to download attachments.
                    Just changed it to allow attachments for guests

Looks like some attachments show links that don't open and others show just an empty attachment boarder.
                    Last edited by coloradok5; Sun 3rd Apr '11, 5:29pm.

Comment

I see all attachments in those two links fine now. Do you have a specific link where you are still having this problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It looks like there's an issue with the hostname for my server. I could not ftp to the site as well, when I get more info I will update, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X