Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing threads in "Threaded / Hyrbid" mode - performance issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing threads in "Threaded / Hyrbid" mode - performance issues?

Yesterday, my forums began performing dreadfully slow -- so slow that SQL commands were timing out. I had to take the forums off line (changed DNS to a new host) to be able to trouble shoot it.

Hat's off to vBulletin technical support, who responded promptly to a support ticket, offering suggestions on tweaks to the MySQL parameters, which I implemented (most important, wait timeout).

However, I noticed something else on my personal account - somehow it was set to display threads in "Threaded / Hybrid" mode, which I don't recall setting. I suspect that many people were set to that mode, which must put additional pressure on the database. After disabling that viewing mode in the admin control panel, the performance of the forums returned to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, hybrid and threaded mode do take drasticly more resources due to the nature of those displays and the way we store and sort the data.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X