Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I add Username in Showthread template??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add Username in Showthread template??

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know how I could REPLACE the Name to Judy Yip (aka username code).. please see attachment for details.

So basically it should say:

Hello Judy Yip, if you invite friends, you'll automatically receive an additional 5 years VIP.
    Thanks,
    LMN
    Attached Files

Any tips or suggestion is highly appreciative

Comment

In the future please wait 24 hours before bumping your post. What template is your code in?
      If it is the showthread template, try {vb:raw bbuserinfo.username} for the user browsing the thread.
      Last edited by Zachery; Tue 15th Mar '11, 8:11am.

Comment

Is that a notification? If so, did you try just using $username ? Or are you trying to get the name of the first poster in the thread - not the name of the person viewing the thread?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I'm not familiar with how Facebook Connect works in vB, but is it possible that there's nothing specified for "First Name" because that user registered via Facebook? E.g. Username = Full Facebook name, but nothing was passed along as First or Last names.

Just a guess based on absolutely no point of reference and complete ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            In the future please wait 24 hours before bumping your post. What template is your code in?
            If it is the showthread template, try {vb:raw bbuserinfo.username} for the user browsing the thread.
            Yes sir, also I believe the code you suggested was meant for vB4 :P

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            Is that a notification? If so, did you try just using $username ? Or are you trying to get the name of the first poster in the thread - not the name of the person viewing the thread?
            I thought $username was going to do the trick but didn't.. I want the NAME to be the username of the member who's viewing the thread..

For example, if you were a member and you view ANY THREAD, it would now be displayed like:

Hello Lynne, if you invite friends, you'll automatically receive an additional 5 years VIP.
            Hope this clarify a little more ,
            LMN
            Last edited by netblix; Tue 15th Mar '11, 8:30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              Use $bbuserinfo[username]
              Your a genius..

Anyhow, I'd like it to display when it reaches to a certain page views, for example.. it'd show 1 time and won't re-appear for another 30-40 pageview.. this way it would not annoy my member or visitors

Thanks,
              LMN

Comment

Any help.. I love you for life ^^

Comment

Try using the variable $thread ['views'] in a condition to do that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

cool, could you provide me sample codes how it would look like?

thanks,
                    LMN

Comment

No, if you need more help with html or modifications to the software vBulletin.org would be a better place.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X