X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i gonna get hacked

well i have this forum

http://thisisknuckles.com/forums

somne guy says he will re do site for free and make it big. so i made him admin
    can he get my credit card from admin cp or something? am i safe should i be scared... cause if he is actually legit then he can help me

am i safe.. can he get my admin password im admin #1

my friend said it happend to her cousin on vb before.. got her credit card number and took money.

xcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxc

Comment

They can't get your credit card number I don't think, but he can totally mess up your forum, if he wanted to, and he could steal your files and get you in trouble with IB too.

Comment

Originally posted by homie22 View Post
        can he get my credit card from admin cp or something?
        Have you put it into the admin notes/elsewhere?

No? Then no.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

As per your ticket, vBulletin installations don't hold credit card details and we don't hold them anywhere visible within the Members Area etc.
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Whoever you hear from supposedly looking to help, always ask yourself: what's the catch for him? What's he really after? Is there absolutely no other way but to give him privileges? Who is he? Who could verifiably vouch for him and his ways?
            Aren't you actually thinking of giving critical access to someone who could easily just delete everything, steal all your members's email adresses, your database and sell it, as well as insert any backdoors he would like without you noticing?

Mind you, assuming he has some actual or maybe even super-exclusive knowledge, what's stopping him from just verbally sharing it directly? If he doesnt want to, ask yourself: why is he specifically after full access and refuses to tell you what to do and how to fix it yourself?

Comment

Considering you gave the guy admin access, he has no reason to "hack" you...He already has access to your forums and could potentially do some damage if he wanted to...But why are we assuming any damage is going to be done? Has he given you any reason to believe he'd screw you over?

The other admin can view your email and ip, that's about it.

Have you added yourself as superadmin and undeletable in your includes/config.php?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X