Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse Error

I am getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/********/*****l/global.php(604) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 8

on the forumhomepage and or any page for that matter. I went and commented out line code 604 from global.php file and the forums came back on line. This is the code that I commented out:

//eval('$spacer_open = "' . fetch_template('spacer_open') . '";');

Now with it commented out the forum won't let me sign in even though I am entering the correct password. It won't allow anyone to sign in. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Itworx4me

You don't want to remove your spacer_open code. You should be able to put the file back to default, then go straight to your admincp and login, then create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then set it as default for the site in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style Settings > Default Style. Then see if users can log in.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

With the file back to default I get the parse error. It won't allow me to login because of the parse global error because login requires it. Maybe tools.php will get me back in. not sure. the site was running smooth. no changes to any file or template. the parse error just appeared today.

Itworx4me

Comment

Thanks for your help Lynne. I found that the site has been hacked and the hacker put some code in place to prevent the site from functioning.

Thanks,
        Itworx4me

Comment

Glad you figured it out.

Sorry you got hacked.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X