X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobFerrari
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    At the foot of the browser, it should tell you what it loading - is that the vbulletin page URL or is it a URL for a third party script? If you're using Google Ads or Analytics, they can on occasion be dreafully slow.
    I was able to track down by removing the scripts one by one until it stopped hanging. I contacted the 3rd party and they fixed what was wrong on their side.

The browser footer was showing the vBulletin page it was trying to load, in the past I have seen it display the 3rd party site it got hung on though. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    At the foot of the browser, it should tell you what it loading - is that the vbulletin page URL or is it a URL for a third party script? If you're using Google Ads or Analytics, they can on occasion be dreafully slow.

Leave a comment:

• RobFerrari
    replied
    OK, I confirmed the URL displayed is just whatever action is going on, search/page/forum etc.

So likely one of the many 3rd party ad, Google analytics, or hit counter code is causing it to hang then footer doesn't load at all.

Leave a comment:

• RobFerrari
    started a topic pages load slow and end with errors

pages load slow and end with errors

on every page it spins for about 5-10 seconds and eventually ends with error without the complete footer displaying. here is the error message...

Code:
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDS; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:28:05 UTC

Line: 1278
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4521683
    any help appreciated. thanks.