How to close site via the database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to close site via the database?

I am having major login issues after upgrading PHP and I need to close my site so I get to the bottom of it. Being unable to login to the admin panel my only option is to manually set the flag in the DB. I set settings.bbactive to 0 but that didn't work, where is the swicth and what do I put in as a value?

Cheers
    Bruce
    vBulletin Owner since 2002!

In the vBulletin's .zip file you can find a directory called 'do_not_upload/'. Inside this directory is a file called 'tools.php'. Upload this file into your forum's admincp/ directory.

Then go to the admincp/tools.php with your browser and enter your customer number.

At the bottom of the tools page is an option to 'Turn Off Forum'. Simply click on this and it will turn your forum off.

Then delete the tools.php file. It is a potential security risk if you leave it on-line.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks Trevor, forgot completely about tools.php! I did manage to get it to closed down, still trying to figure out why everyone can't log in now, it's filling up the strikes table!.....

Comment

Everyone or a number of users? Have you recently upgraded, installed or uninstalled any mods that have an effect on the user table?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Everyone, including me. I found a thread in the VB4 troubleshooting forum where someone has exactly the same problem, a sudden loss of login ability for everyone. The only thing that happened was cpanel updated itself with what they call a "standard" update. At the moment I am trying to prepare another VPS without cpanel/whm to check if the problem stems from them in some way......

Comment