X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFSImperial
    replied
    vbStopForumStop on vb.org

Its extremely effective as it checks new registrants against the StopForumSpam database. SFS isn't a complete database so you'll still have spammers get through here and there, but of all the spammers joining your forum, you will be surprised at how many will come up in the SFS database after a quick Google search. And my favorite part, its invisible to regular registrants but bots will be stopped cold.

Leave a comment:

• orillia
    replied
    Try using spam-o-matic or vbstopforumspam. Look over at vb.org. s-o-m has been working wonderfully for me at two forums.

Leave a comment:

• Humbler
    replied
    i currently have the recaptcha and they still get through.

what else?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If they're still getting through Q&A then either:

- they're humans registering and giving access to bots or
    - your Q&A is too easy

Leave a comment:

• Humbler
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Humbler
    replied
    How exactly do I do that? Ive had the recapchta on, the question and answer verification, but they still get through.

Anything specific?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You need to look at better moderation of your new users. Perhaps start using something like the Q&A method from the Human Verification Manager and moderate new users to weed them out before they actually get near your site.

Leave a comment:

• Humbler
    started a topic annoying advertisement

annoying advertisement

Im keeping myself more busy with removing topics of random people who join my forums and advertise for whatever product in the world

I get like 20 a day

how do i get rid of these topics?
    Last edited by Humbler; Wed 12 Jan '11, 4:17am.