random advertisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random advertisers

Its been annoying me now, but daily 5-10 users register on my forums and post an advertisement topic

usually something weird like, example;

<spam removed>

sometimes in foreign language, sometimes not

solutions?
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Sat 19th Mar '11, 6:52pm.

Education? Maybe they don't know that what they are doing is wrong, or frowned-upon.

(Did you notice that you have just done here precisely what it is you are complaining about? Are those the spam links posted? Why advertise for them here?)
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Oh **** yea i was just showing an example that somebody posted on my forums

im actually doing nothing else than every 15 minutes removing one of those topics

Comment

Did you know that you were able to edit posts?

You could click the Edit Post button, delete the spam from your post, then save it.

That way, the people who spammed you don't get free advertising from you on this site.

(Could be deleted by the time I submit this, I did Report your post just before.)
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Humbler View Post
          Its been annoying me now, but daily 5-10 users register on my forums and post an advertisement topic
          solutions?
          5-10 users a day?
          They are most probably spambots.
          Don't let them register with the help of Questions and Answers and your problem will be solved.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

He's got multiple threads open, he tried Q&A but probably just used the default suggestion.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X