mySQL is having issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mySQL is having issues

Our site is literally getting slammed with traffic. We have the best server our cloud hosting provider has available, and we still are getting double and triple posts everywhere. The provider tells me that our mySQL demon is running at times 300% CPU. The traffic is sudden (we have done multiple national media appearances).

Does anyone have any recommendations? How do large boards deal with high traffic volumes? Are there recommendations for load balancing etc.?

Perhaps your cloud hosting provider isn't setup to handle the traffic you are getting.

Large boards currently rely on dedicated servers, sometimes multiple, to handle massive traffic. Usually at least 1 dedicated beefy MySQL server and 1 to 3 servers for handling the front end traffic. (possibly throw in one load balance machine to direct traffic when using more than 1 web server... to keep things evened out.)

Check out the server configuration forum for more specific help. Since you are on a cloud system now, it may not be possible to more finely tune your MySQL or web servers as needed.
    To be updated...

Comment

Thanks so much for responding quickly!! I literally am at a lose at the moment, we are being swamped!! I've been reading some of the server configurations and I feel like it's greek! I will probably post our server configuration tomorrow. Thanks again for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by natecoupons View Post
        Thanks so much for responding quickly!! I literally am at a lose at the moment, we are being swamped!! I've been reading some of the server configurations and I feel like it's greek! I will probably post our server configuration tomorrow. Thanks again for the quick response.
        No problem. Yes, do post your config over in the other section and you'll get some expert feedback on what you can do. Look for eva2000, he's great with this sort of optimization stuff.
        To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X