Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Database Error!

I'm getting this error.

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: User ******* already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

I have contacted my host and they said 10 concurrent db connections are allowed and 75000 db inquiries are allowed. Is there something that needs to be set or do I need to look for another host?

10 mysql user connections is very low, and I'm not sure what you can do about that short of moving webhosts.

Comment

Does that mean each user that is logged simultaneously?

Comment

Everytime a page is viewed, 1 mysql connection is used for 1: however long the page takes to do its mysql things, and it may stay open depending on the server configuration/config.php Setup.

If you had 25 users, but they were slowly browsing, you may never hit that limit. If you had 11 users being very very very active, they might hit that limit if they all clicked on a link at the same time. Its just unlikely.

Comment

This forum only has about 19 users and it is not active enough where I could see a problem. Would there be a cookie setting that I can try?

Comment

bump

Comment

Is it normal to be getting these error messages? I found where I can disable email notification and have it write to a log file.

Comment

There is nothing you can do about the database error emails, the best you could do is disable them all together.

Comment

So by disabling the error messages, there will still be the problem, but it is not a problem that I have to worry about? In other words, will the forum function as it should or will this db problem put a cripple on it?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X