Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've disabled my calenda by trying to get one up for 2011. Can someone please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've disabled my calenda by trying to get one up for 2011. Can someone please help me

I wonder if anyone can help. I saw that the calendar for 2010 was still showing today. I tried to create a new one for 2011 (with Add Calendar) in Calendar manager thinking that would solve it. But it didn't appear, only the 2010 appeared. So, thinking I had to get rid of the 2010 one before the 2011 would appear I deleted the 2010 calendar. Now nothing appears and when 'Calendar' is clicked on my home page the message appears that the calendar is disabled. I now don't have a clue what I should do.

Can anyone help me please.

Sorry, I couldn't follow that. Please try explaining again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

He deleted the calendar when 2011 wouldn't work, because the default is 2000-2010. I think he's asking if he can get it back, or perhaps start afresh.

I had the same problem, just changed the end year to 2037.

Comment

Just add a new calendar with a proper date range.

Comment

As I said in my first post I've tried adding a new calander and it has said on several attempts that it HAS indeed been created. But, it doesn't show up in the Calander Manager and on clicking 'Calendar' on my home page the message always appears saying the calendar is disabled.

I must have created 2 or 3 new calenders giving them all a priority of 1. All seemed to be created okay according to the message on saving them but none, not one subsequently appeared on the list where the 2010 had been (which I deleted as I've said).

Can anyone help me get any kind of calendar back?

Thank you..

Comment

The only reason that would not work is due to a modification.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am sorry, the actions you suggest are quite beyond me. I am not at all technical and really don't have the first idea of how to do the things you suggest. I'm afraid I'll just have to get by without a calendar. I suppose my members will just have to keep checking whether there's a birthday on any particlar day!

Thanks anyway!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X