Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does the fullpath of smilies reside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does the fullpath of smilies reside?

Hi,

I have recently moved my forums to a new server. And the smilies still have the old serverpath in them. When i look into the vB_smilie table in the column smiliepath, i only see the relative path. Where does it get the full path, which is visible when i edit a smilie through admincp.

I need to easily change the fullpath of the 200 smilies i have.

Kind regards
    :rolleyes: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes:

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your answer, but the paths are all relative. Any more suggestions?

admincp/image.php?do=edit : in this file when i output the $item["smiliepath"] it comes up with the full path, but when i look at the db-query output for $item["smiliepath"] the output is relative. It can't be magic that prepends the http://domain/path_to_forum to the smiliepath.

Kind regards,

Comment

Where are you seeing the full url - in the page source? If you are getting it from some script, then perhaps the scripts is adding the base url to the path. You'd have to read the code for the script if that is the case.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

fixed...was looking in the wrong database :blush:
        Last edited by marocnl; Wed 5th Jan '11, 9:41am.

Comment

I'm trying to understand where you are seeing these full paths. On my 3.8 test site, if I add a smilie to a post, it enters the path that I have in the Smilie Manager. It is a relative path, not a full url. So, where are you seeing this full path?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            I'm trying to understand where you are seeing these full paths. On my 3.8 test site, if I add a smilie to a post, it enters the path that I have in the Smilie Manager. It is a relative path, not a full url. So, where are you seeing this full path?
            some third party addons modify the smilie, and icon paths to be full paths for compatablity. AdminCP > Smilies > smilie Manager > view > edit each smilie and update their path

If you're using vBadvanced, you might want to get in touch with them for help with the smilies path issues

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              some third party addons modify the smilie, and icon paths to be full paths for compatablity. AdminCP > Smilies > smilie Manager > view > edit each smilie and update their path

If you're using vBadvanced, you might want to get in touch with them for help with the smilies path issues
              vBadvanced and smilie paths....arrgggh!!!

All mine have been full URLs for a long time. This put paid to any plans I had for an alternative domain basically.

When I ran vBa on 3.8 it was worse than that - because it sat in the root (outside the forum directory) any manually added links or images in any of the global templates (header, navbar, footer etc) had to have a THIS_SCRIPT conditional shoved in front of the URL to convert them to full URLs for vBa.

Some areas of vBa you can actually set that in the admincp but if you customise it.....

On 4.0 I've done it with a redirect instead, it was driving me bonkers.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X