Clear All

• punchbowl
    replied
    what is it?

Leave a comment:

• smiggy
    replied
    Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
    What's so important about 3.8.7? My earlier 3.8 works fine and has done for ages.

If they don't care about 3.8 then why are so many ib sites running old versions of vb?
    Contains a bug fix I reported more than a year ago, lol.

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    What's so important about 3.8.7? My earlier 3.8 works fine and has done for ages.

If they don't care about 3.8 then why are so many ib sites running old versions of vb?

Leave a comment:

• jupiter5
    replied
    I paid for Vb4 but I will not update my forum to VB4. I think Vb4 totaly disappointment.

I am still waiting for 3.8.7. Vbulletin team does not care enough vb3.8 anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Isaac
    replied
    That's exactly what is happening. It'll come out at some point.
    By then most of us who have been waiting will see our licences expire first. I renewed my licence a year ago to get support on vB 3.8.x

They've ignored the 3.8 customer base ever since the 3.8 creators did an exit
    Indeed, and judging by the number of bugs in the vB4 updates they are not as good.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Elkins
    replied
    Originally posted by need2fart View Post
    If you notice in the members area there is a 3.8.7 beta release btw. I'm sure they are just making sure there's no bugs by having users beta test it first.
    That's exactly what is happening. It'll come out at some point.

Leave a comment:

• need2fart
    replied
    I think they are doing their best to give updates out. Maybe they just have a lot of pending bugs for 4.1.x that they have to prioritize which they do first:

Fix bugs for new release > get back to 3.8.x for finalization

That's the way I see it. If you notice in the members area there is a 3.8.7 beta release btw. I'm sure they are just making sure there's no bugs by having users beta test it first.

Leave a comment:

• smiggy
    replied
    They've ignored the 3.8 customer base ever since the 3.8 creators did an exit.

I've given up waiting. They announced it late July, 5 months to push out such a small release, that's laughable

Leave a comment:

• Bob Isaac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    There will be a 3.8.7 once they are satisfied it is of suitable quality for full release.

That will probably be the last one if I'm honest, apart from possibly any PL releases for security fixes.
    When you consider how many bug-fix releases of vB4.x there have been over the past year since its initial release you have to wonder if it was rushed out just for the market, and was not really fit for purpose at the time. Even now huge numbers of bugs are being fixed.

This is not fair on licence payers who wish to stay with vB3.8.x for now. An earlier post from the vB team suggested 3.8.7 would be out before Christmas.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
    Will there be a 3.8.7? Or is 3.8.6 PL1 the last version of the 3.8 line?
    There will be a 3.8.7 once they are satisfied it is of suitable quality for full release.

That will probably be the last one if I'm honest, apart from possibly any PL releases for security fixes.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeSmoke
    started a topic Will we see a 3.8.7?

Will we see a 3.8.7?

Will there be a 3.8.7? Or is 3.8.6 PL1 the last version of the 3.8 line?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X