Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we see a 3.8.7?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will we see a 3.8.7?

    Will there be a 3.8.7? Or is 3.8.6 PL1 the last version of the 3.8 line?

  • #2
    Originally posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
    Will there be a 3.8.7? Or is 3.8.6 PL1 the last version of the 3.8 line?
    There will be a 3.8.7 once they are satisfied it is of suitable quality for full release.

    That will probably be the last one if I'm honest, apart from possibly any PL releases for security fixes.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      There will be a 3.8.7 once they are satisfied it is of suitable quality for full release.

      That will probably be the last one if I'm honest, apart from possibly any PL releases for security fixes.
      When you consider how many bug-fix releases of vB4.x there have been over the past year since its initial release you have to wonder if it was rushed out just for the market, and was not really fit for purpose at the time. Even now huge numbers of bugs are being fixed.

      This is not fair on licence payers who wish to stay with vB3.8.x for now. An earlier post from the vB team suggested 3.8.7 would be out before Christmas.

      Bob

      Comment


      • #4
        They've ignored the 3.8 customer base ever since the 3.8 creators did an exit.

        I've given up waiting. They announced it late July, 5 months to push out such a small release, that's laughable

        Comment


        • #5
          I think they are doing their best to give updates out. Maybe they just have a lot of pending bugs for 4.1.x that they have to prioritize which they do first:

          Fix bugs for new release > get back to 3.8.x for finalization

          That's the way I see it. If you notice in the members area there is a 3.8.7 beta release btw. I'm sure they are just making sure there's no bugs by having users beta test it first.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by need2fart View Post
            If you notice in the members area there is a 3.8.7 beta release btw. I'm sure they are just making sure there's no bugs by having users beta test it first.
            That's exactly what is happening. It'll come out at some point.
            Andrew Elkins
            Former vBulletin Developer

            Please do not PM me for support, please use the support system.

            #1 rule before doing anything to a live site, Backup, Test and Re-Test.

            Comment


            • #7
              That's exactly what is happening. It'll come out at some point.
              By then most of us who have been waiting will see our licences expire first. I renewed my licence a year ago to get support on vB 3.8.x

              They've ignored the 3.8 customer base ever since the 3.8 creators did an exit
              Indeed, and judging by the number of bugs in the vB4 updates they are not as good.

              Bob

              Comment


              • #8
                I paid for Vb4 but I will not update my forum to VB4. I think Vb4 totaly disappointment.

                I am still waiting for 3.8.7. Vbulletin team does not care enough vb3.8 anymore.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What's so important about 3.8.7? My earlier 3.8 works fine and has done for ages.

                  If they don't care about 3.8 then why are so many ib sites running old versions of vb?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
                    What's so important about 3.8.7? My earlier 3.8 works fine and has done for ages.

                    If they don't care about 3.8 then why are so many ib sites running old versions of vb?
                    Contains a bug fix I reported more than a year ago, lol.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      what is it?

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X