Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dividing the Database

Hello,

I have a problem with my database it is about 800 MBs now with a half million of posts.

The problem is it's getting larger and larger everyday and that's makes the server very slow and have to upgrade my server every while.

Is there a solution for that ? like dividing the post table into number of tables so that the MySQL engine doesn't have to mine all the 500,000 posts to get a one post or something ?

Is that possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's not a large database, additionally unless you have major I/O restrictions or general issues on your host - it should not be slowing down on 500k dataset.
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X