Question about usergroup promotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about usergroup promotions

Hi I am trying to find out how server intensive or problematic the usergroup promotions are if done like once a day.

We have over 100K member db and would like to use promotions to move members to a new usergroup with more privileges based on posts/registration date.

Currently, all members are in the regular Registered usergroup.

We are concerned about how server intensive this might be for the initial move (first time the promotion is run) and if there could be issues with this being done daily.

We are afraid of messing up the db so just checking to see if this is a "risky" process or fairly "safe" with such a large members db.

Thank you

Possibly, things may slow down when you run it for the very first time against your 100k users. However, I would venture to guess that subsequent runs shouldn't be as intensive and thus a daily run wouldn't or shouldn't be that much of a bother to the system.

If you have a test platform to run this on, you could try it there first and see how it goes.
    To be updated...

Comment

I have the User Promotions cron running every 10 minutes and there is no deterioration with regards to pageload times or server load, and I have over 200k members.

As ENF says, the first run may take longer to run but probably not as long as you think. Obviously depends on the spec of your server.
      Digital Kaos Satellite Forum
      SEO Blog Pagerank Checker
      Free File Hosting

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X