The good'ol Fatal Error: Allowed memory size blah blah blah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good'ol Fatal Error: Allowed memory size blah blah blah

Ok I just switched hosting sites and besides a few minor problems (attachments not working) the site has been fine. Last night out of nowhere it get the memory size error when trying to post. I've searched and all I found was to add this line: "ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);" I added that line and it now allows you to post but it is stuck on the previous screen or the one before that. On our mainenance thread you cannot see the last page and on the off-topic thread you cannot see the last two pages. Any clues?

Thanks

a link would help
    and is your php limit set to?
    and what is the exact error you get (the blah blah blah part of your error)

might check this
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...0memory%20size
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6144 bytes) in C:\HostingSpaces\cruisesh\cruiseshiptalk.com\wwwroot\forums\includes\functions_gallery.php on line 1228
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in C:\HostingSpaces\cruisesh\cruiseshiptalk.com\wwwroot\forums\includes\class_dm_user.php on line 1515

these are two of them. The line # changes though. This is anytime anyone posts. The site is www.cruiseshiptalk.com/forums

How do I get the PHP limit. I am waiting on my web host to reply to my ticket.

Comment

i get a 500 error when i try visit

500 - Internal server error.
        There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed
        My Site: INFJs.com

Comment

yea I think the web host is looking at it now :/

They didnt say they were taking it down. Well I think they are doing something with the PHP because the FTP and regular html is working. It is going up and down right now.

I just cant figure out why one person is always getting the functions_gallery.php message and I am always getting the class_dm_user.php error.

And thanks a million for your help

Comment

ok the php seems to be back up but now I cannot view the last page of any thread or post new posts.

Comment

That is from a third party addon, IIRC there is no functions_gallery.php file in vBulletin. You might want to get in touch with the makers of your gallery software.

Comment

I know that but what about class_dm_user.php? And why would that not let anyone post anything?

Comment

Ok turns out when we switched hosting companies the image directory got screwed up. Maybe someone added something to the gallery and it screwed the entire thing up. I'll fix that first and see what happens. Thanks for the hint about the gallery, I probly wouldnt have thought anything of it.

Comment

8mb is pretty tiny for a memory limit, in php the default in php5 is 128mb. We recomend 16 to 32mb.

Comment

Thanks! So far the hosting company bumped it up to 32 and I did some maintenance and it is working for now. Our attachments are still jacked but I think that has something to do with the way they were stored before the host move.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X