X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same user id twice ?

Hi

I am facing one issue ,

some people are making ids similar to staff members same username and promoting their site via pm.
    how its possible ? how can they make same username id again ? if one old id is "username" the new one is also "username" how ?

i am on vb 3.8.4

regards
    Shah

They are most likely using hidden characters in the user name.Check the username filed in the database to find out for sure.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi

Thanks Steve but their are no hidden characters , i have checked twice also in database .
      Can you please tell me what can be the issue and how can i solve this issue ?

I can provide you login details so you can check thoroughly your self. Just pm me when you would like

Regards
      SHah

Comment

Really? If that is true then the only way that could have happened is from an add-on. The default vB code would not allow this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I also see the same problem, also with 3.8.4, Steve, the problem is that we don't know how could this happen thus no one would know if your fix would work :
          when you try to create a new account at
          domain.com/forum/register.php?do=register
          if you type in the same username, then it shows "That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are 'tried username' and you have forgotten your password", it would not allow you to create a username. So whoever created the same username, must created the same username not from register.php?do=register page.

What can be the problem? And what is the fix?

PS: the OP should have created this thread using "same username" instead of "same user id". The user id is different, the problem is that the username is the same.
          Last edited by cache; Mon 6th Dec '10, 9:16pm.
          Trik LLLH Hygo
          Kitu HTie FanH PPPF HHHO undu rbrr
          Toch TV vald hosy Pros IJFG Haab wolk corg ruwb SAT

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X