Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable home page and biography in usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeyMe
    replied
    I have this problem too & that's not enough because spammers can send the request to add a URL even with the field being invisible..

I would remove the homepage field altogether, but vB doesn't allow editing default fields..

Is there a better solution? I have tons of accounts created by spammers lately only for the sake to add a URL..

Edit: 141 accounts I just deleted ..
    Last edited by HeyMe; Sun 1 May '11, 4:56am.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    There isn't an option on a usergroup basis, no. You would need to disable the display of these for particular usergroups using a conditional in the templates.

Leave a comment:

• Deathspawner
    started a topic Disable home page and biography in usergroup?

Disable home page and biography in usergroup?

Hi all:

A new problem that has surged on my forum is that spammers will sign up and change their biography and / or home page to whatever website they want to be picked up for SEO purposes. I looked through the usergroup permissions and was surprised to see that there exist no options for disabling the editing of these fields on a usergroup level... or am I just overlooking something? Is there another solution?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X