No announcement yet.

Who's Online strange error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i am viewing any of the two threads created at the main category, or viewing the main category, you see what i mention in the first post( check the images) you don't see what forum or thread i am looking.

Comment

Also, try to close this thread: "Moderated: dag". Although it will close, you will se an error. I mention again is a fresh install without any addons....

Comment

Take a look in your session table. Open a new browser and as an unregistered user, go to showthread.php?t=1 (or whichever). Then look in the database at the session table and see if the location says "showthread.php?t=1" or if it just says "showthread.php"

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

it just says showthread.php

Comment

Another support guy looked at your site and said this:
            _SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] is incorrect http://www.yoursite.com/test1/adminc...php?do=phpinfo - it's showing just the path and script name...the parameters are missing.
            [11:26] <support> it shows /test1/admincp/index.php but should show /test1/admincp/index.php?do=phpinfo
            So, you'll need to talk to your host about changing this.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Can you tell me what excactly should they change? I mean what shall i tell them to change? It would be ok to provide them with your above message?

Comment

Try adding this line to your /includes/config.php:
                Code:
                $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . (($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] != '') ? '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] : '');

Comment

Originally posted by Michael König View Post
                  Try adding this line to your /includes/config.php:
                  Code:
                  $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . (($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] != '') ? '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] : '');

nothing changed

Comment

Youc an supply your host with the message I posted. They should understand what is being said.

Comment

Their answer was the following two messages. Please help...! Thanks!!!

Regarding the installation of the forum, if vbulletin can point into a
                      direction of something thats misconfigured that would help, as far as we
                      can see the forum works.
                      We did find that lots of people have issues with vbulletin 4 on windows.
                      (example: http://bobschwarz.com/review-vbulletin-4)
                      I'm sorry but please provide specific issues and what should be changed
                      because as far as I can see your forum seems to be working fine.

Also vbulletin should be able to point out what should be
                      changed/checked to solve this problem.

Comment

I don't know what to tell your host. but since you are on a Windows server, you should try setting the forum path in config.php first:

PHP Code:
                                //      ******** FULL PATH TO FORUMS DIRECTORY ******
                                //      On a few systems it may be necessary to input the full path to your forums directory
                                //      for vBulletin to function normally. You can ignore this setting unless vBulletin
                                //      tells you to fill this in. Do not include a trailing slash!
                                //      Example Unix:
                                //        $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/users/public_html/forums';
                                //      Example Win32:
                                //        $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = 'c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\vb3';
                        $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = ''
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried it but no result...

Comment

Then it's up to your host to fix this. As Lynne state the '_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] is incorrect'. I'm surprised your host does not know what that setting is. They should be able to change this in the web server.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i think i fixed it using this guide. http://neosmart.net/blog/2006/100-ap...s-and-windows/
                              I think know works. Thanks everyone for your help and your time!

Comment

Glad you got it fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X