Who's Online strange error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Online strange error

Hello, after i moved my forum to another server and restore the database at who's online page i can't se the excact forum and thread that user is viewing this happens only to this two as if a user is modifying his post i can see what post it is. I provide you with some images to see what i mean.
    I have tried the following with no result:
    rebuilt builtfields
    disable all plugins
    restore theme original and the modified one
    repair and optimize database
    i did the upgrade proccess again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	forumdisplay.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	3719059

Click image for larger version

Name:	showthread.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	3719060

Waiting for your help. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by slipkot; Mon 8 Nov '10, 9:23am.

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Again the same issue. I tried all you mention above but the same thing. It happens to everyone, not only to me. Whatever style i use even the default one, i have the same problem....

Comment

Then another modification is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by slipkot View Post
          Again the same issue. I tried all you mention above but the same thing. It happens to everyone, not only to me. Whatever style i use even the default one, i have the same problem....
          AdminCP -> Usergroup Manager -> whichever usergroup you're in (presumably Administrator):

Scroll down to Who's Online Permissions and set them all to Yes. The very last option, when set to No, will cause the problem you're seeing.
          [ATTACH]48966[/ATTACH]

If you'd like Moderators or Registered Members to be able to see the user's path, you need to set this for each usergroup you want to be able to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            Then another modification is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Do you have the same problem?
            I completely delete all vbulletin files, reupload them again, disable all plugins via config.php. And still the same problem despite the fact i left only vbulletin original files without and modification archive...

Originally posted by JamesC70 View Post
            AdminCP -> Usergroup Manager -> whichever usergroup you're in (presumably Administrator):

Scroll down to Who's Online Permissions and set them all to Yes. The very last option, when set to No, will cause the problem you're seeing.
            [ATTACH]48966[/ATTACH]

If you'd like Moderators or Registered Members to be able to see the user's path, you need to set this for each usergroup you want to be able to see it.
            It isn't problem with usergroup permissions.

Comment

Unfortunately since you do not have ticket support, I cannot ask you to fill out a ticket. Can you at least provide a link to your site?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i have opened a ticket...
                Last edited by slipkot; Mon 8 Nov '10, 2:47pm.

Comment

No sorry, I cannot provide support via PMs. However I fond it from your license, and you are clearly running a lot of add-ons, includin but not limited to Shoutbox and vBAdvanced. You really do need to follow all the instructions we've given. This works fine with the default vB code and correct settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I tried a new fresh install. But the problem STILL remains!?!?!?!?!? if you enter at the following address www.site.com/test1 and use as login details the following you can see that is a fresh install, and the problem still remains!

Login details:
                    username: "test"
                    password: "tester"

Where "www.site.com" see it through my license details. Thanks

Comment

Works for me. What is the problem you are seeing?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Look at who is online. I am broswing the main category but in who's online you can't see the category... The same happens at the thread. It just said "Viewing Forum" no what forum...

Comment

And what Who's Online usergroup permissions have you set for the group 'test' is in?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Everything YES. It is the admin usergroup. Using this user account you have access at admin panel

Comment

I see:

Viewing Index
                              Skata

What am I supposed to see?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X