Mark Forum Read (forum tools) not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Forum Read (forum tools) not working

Since my upgrade to 3.8.6, I get the following URL when I try to use the forum tools drop down in a forum, and mark that forum as read....

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/#

I have a bug open on my own site about the issue here:

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...hp?issueid=161

it appears that the link starts to get messed up and changes to # when I add the onclick stuff after the nofollow stuff. I picked the url apart in the code, and that is when the issue starts to occur. Can you give me some advice on what to do here? I've been running into a lot of issues with 3.8.6. As soon as I fix a bug, another one pops up. I know I have many mods so I'm sure some of them are my fault but this template is as it should be from the download. Am I missing something here?

Hello? Can someone tell me why the "Mark Forum Read" link doesn't work in the forum tools dropdown? If I remove the onclick scripting, it works fine but returns me to the wrong location. Even with default templates and no plugins active, it still messes up. Can someone please give me the proper coding for this link?!?!

This is what's in the FORUMDISPLAY template at the moment, and it doesn't work:

Code:
     <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a></td></tr>

Comment

I cannot duplicate any of this on an unmodified 3.8.6 test forum. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Finding your forums is a bit difficult when going to your main page since there is no link to them.

Anyway, I went here - http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ - and the Mark Forums Read button under the list of forums is just fine right there. Exactly what page are you on, or exactly where is the link, that is going wacky?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          Finding your forums is a bit difficult when going to your main page since there is no link to them.

Anyway, I went here - http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ - and the Mark Forums Read button under the list of forums is just fine right there. Exactly what page are you on, or exactly where is the link, that is going wacky?
          It's working because I removed the "onclick" code from the link. If I put that back to default, the link will not work and shows up as http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/#

PS - There is a link to the forum on the top of every single page on my site. See the main menu of the header.

Comment

In terms of your advice about the default profile etc. I've done all that, and it will not work properly.

Comment

It would help if you would enable us to see the site using the default style so we can see what is going on with the link.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X