Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will my site be affected by upgrading MySQL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will my site be affected by upgrading MySQL?

vB version: 3.8.6 PL1

I'm working with a client toward server optimization; his site is hosted by Servint. At one point the host said:
    On the MySQL front, I can move you up to 5.09 from 4.1.22 but if there are any problems, I cannot move you move you back without erasing your server and restoring everything from backup. ...I feel that you will decide to move up but I just want you to know about that unfortunate detail so you can look at your code and make a decision right for you.
    When asked for more information about that, they responded with:
    That would be contingent on your code and tools that you use for your site. You'd need to talk to your programmer about that.
    So I'm wondering how "dangerous" it would be to have them upgrade MySQL, as they say. What should I expect if things go wrong, and how can I fix it, if possible? I'd like to know all my options before doing it, just in case.

Thanks for any input on this.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

vB 3.8.6 will work fine with MySQL 5.0.9. You should make a backup of your database first though, as a safety precaution.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X