how to allow xml formated text to display or via code tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to allow xml formated text to display or via code tags

I run a technical forum, where we often have to post xml formated strings to illustrate to some one how to structure a command. The problem is since XML looks like HTML, it gets stripped out. Even if I put the xml in code tags, the tag portions still get stripped out.

Is there a bbcode I can use that would just let text show AS IS or some other way to allow this text to be visible to readers of the forum?

Can you post an example here of the problem that is happening? Or show a before and after screenshot? Your html shouldn't be striped out of the post.

Comment

Here is an example string

<Command><SystemUnit><MenuPassword><Set command="True"><Password>1234</Password></Set></MenuPassword></SystemUnit>

Trying to put it in a code tag makes no difference

Code:
      <Command><SystemUnit><MenuPassword><Set command="True"><Password>1234</Password></Set></MenuPassword></SystemUnit>
      Hrmm.. I see here it is shown fully - Hints on what type of vb setting would alter this?

The site runs v3.8.4 with the standard style templates

Comment

On my site - it looks like the attached file... the text in the post is simply

test

but it shows just as

test

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	3680738

Comment

Do you have html enabled in that forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            Do you have html enabled in that forum?
            ahh - that *IS* enabled. Hrmm, need to go back through the log and find out who enabled that... but that was the key setting. Thank you Zachery for pointing me in the right direction!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X