paid subscription usergroup not reverting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paid subscription usergroup not reverting

After paid subscription expired, the user did not revert to original group.

The following is a sample of my setup.

New Member (0-10 posts)
    Normal Member (more than 10 posts)
    Paid Member
    Veteran Paid Member (more than 20 posts, can only be promoted from Paid Member)

- A Normal Member paid for subscription. Usergroup change from Normal Member to Paid Member
    - This member reached more than 20 posts, promoted to Veteran Paid Member.
    - Subscription expired. This user still in this Veteran Paid Member usergroup.

I believe the user should revert back to Normal Member usergroup.

I have checked the subscription scheduled task is active and running daily.

- Will the subscription system remember the original usergroup to revert back to?

- Will the subscription system remember the original usergroup after the member in paid usergroup being promoted to another usergroup?

Unless you have a modification that is interfering, they will be moved back to the usergroup they were in when they ordered the subscription. If that is not happening, then as modification is the most likely cause.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

before i use the promotion system (vbulletin native promotion system), everything works correctly and expired subscription revert back to original group.

Previously,

New Member (0-10 posts)
      Paid Member

After Paid Member subscription expired, it will revert back to Normal Member.

But after i add another usergroup with the promotion system

New Member (0-10 posts)
      Paid Member
      -> Veteran Paid Member (more than 20 posts, can only be promoted from Paid Member)

the Paid Member promoted to Veteran Paid Member, after subscription expired, they didnt revert back to Normal Member anymore.

- Where or how can i display a list of the Paid Member usergroup which their subscription expired?
      Please provide me a select query if there is no such function in admincp.

Admincp subscription area can show a list of expired subscription member, but i want to see a list of expired subscription member of a specific usergroup.

Thanks.

Comment

As I said this will revert back to the original usergroup with the default vB code. Are you sure those are usergroups and not User Titles?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i am sure it is usergroup. Primary usergroup.

i've manually check recent expired subscription for past 1 month, all of them expired but usergroup did not revert.

- Where or how can i display a list of the Paid Member usergroup which their subscription expired?
          - At which db table does it contain data of original usergroup to revert to? is it subscriptions table?

Comment

1. Admin CP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Subscription Manager -> Completed

2. The original usergroup is stored in the pusergroupid field in the subscriptionlog table.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              Unless you have a modification that is interfering, they will be moved back to the usergroup they were in when they ordered the subscription...
              Sorry to revive a long dead thread, but this is the problem.

I'm encountering subscribers reverting to New Members long after they have exceeded the post limit trigger for New Members. It's a smack in the face for someone who has subscribed when a New Member, racked up 300+ posts and because the subs expired, reverted to New Member with all the limits imposed on New Members, and no way to pass the 10 post trigger to change to Registered Member.

I don't know how many members my forum has lost before I noticed what was happening.

Apart from searching and doing each one manually, is there a way to ensure that the default usergroup for lapsed subs where no other usergroup is assigned is not New Member but Registered Member?

ETA: I just noticed that this is not the vB 4 forum that I included in my search words for this question.
              Last edited by Cran; Fri 6th Feb '15, 6:49pm. Reason: Search led me to wrong forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X