Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Delete other posts & threads started by the affected users checkbox for mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• skor678
    replied
    Yes I've got the permission set where they can delete posts.

I do have plugins installed but nothing that wasn't there before the upgrade.

The only new variable I can think of is that I made a member in the Sponsor usergroup able to moderate his sponsor forum without making him a member of the Moderator usergroup.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Did you check the permissions for each Moderator and forum? It should work, assuming the permissions are correct. Do you have any add-ons installed?

Leave a comment:

• skor678
    replied
    I just tried adding the moderators to every parent as well as subforums but the checkbox to delete other spam posted by the spammer still isn't showing up for them.

Is there a template modification that I can make or something to do this without making everyone a super mod?

Does making someone a super mod allow them access to the admincp? Trying to figure out what exactly is the difference between mod and super mod other than being able to moderate all forums.

Leave a comment:

• skor678
    replied
    Ok thank you for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No sorry there isn't.

Leave a comment:

• skor678
    replied
    Is there a quicker way to add moderator to all forums others than the dropdown box in the forum manager? I have so many subforums and moderators, just wondering if there is a way to save myself some work.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I would have thought the parent forum or category would suffice, but if it's not working then you need to make them Mods of all forums.

Leave a comment:

• skor678
    replied
    When you say make them moderator of all forums, would I have to make them moderator for every subforum as well or is making them moderator of the parent forum sufficient?

I have normally just made a moderator a moderator of the parent forum and they seem to be able to moderate all the subforums in under that particular parent forum.

I just made a moderator a moderator of all parent forums but the checkbox is still not showing up for them.

Thank you for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You would have to either make them Moderators of all forums or make them Super Moderators.

Leave a comment:

• skor678
    replied
    Yes, I looked there but there isn't a permission checkbox to allow a moderator to delete all other posts by a spammer.

I thought I read something that this might have somehow been changed in 3.8 because allowing deletion of all other posts by a spammer would affect other forums? I couldn't find that link again but I think it was by Steve?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Show all Moderators.

Leave a comment:

• skor678
    replied
    I upgraded from 3.7.0 beta #(? forget which number beta it was).

I checked moderator permissions but can't find where I would enable this.

I forgot to mention it's when a moderator checks a thread and selects Delete as spam. Before, there was a check box that allowed the moderator to delete other posts by the spammer. Now it only allows the moderator to delete that one thread.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Check the moderator permissions, what did you upgrade from?

Leave a comment:

• Missing Delete other posts & threads started by the affected users checkbox for mods

Since upgrading to 3.8.6, the Delete other posts and threads started by the affected users checkbox for moderators is missing.

It is showing for admins.

Am I missing a new permission or something? I've tried this using the default template but is still now showing up for mods.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X