Need header to fit in !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need header to fit in !

Just can not get my header to fully fit into the top...
    Where does one find the code to solve this one ?
    http://snatch59.com/forums/

Why aren't you asking completeVB.com to fix this issue? It's their design.
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Originally posted by eJM View Post
      Why aren't you asking completeVB.com to fix this issue? It's their design.
      I did, but the guy who replied to me, gave me a complicated answer.
      I will try again.

Comment

Look in your templates AdminCp>Styles & Templates>Choose your style> then this
        .headerleft {
        float:left;
        height: 71px;
        width: 371px;
        padding-left: 32px;
        padding-top: 33px;
        background: url(images/totallypro/misc/headerleftbg.gif) no-repeat top left;
        }
        is either in your headerinclude or header template or it's in Main CSS in the additional css right at the bottom, or you will find it in this file http://www.snatch59.com/forums/vmoods/style.css?v=2.0

I'm assuming you want the thumb up pic to show properly, if thats the case then change height: 71px to say 90px and see how you go after you refresh the page!
        Kind regards,
        Simon
        Microsoft Office Discussion

Comment

To be honest your site is all about web design and thats what this problem is....a web design problem!
          Kind regards,
          Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Lloyd View Post
            To be honest your site is all about web design and thats what this problem is....a web design problem!
            Exactly. If the webmaster of that site can't solve this simple problem, what are they doing in the design forum business???

Jim
            If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Simon : thanks for the tips !- I have tried this already on serveral occasions what you have mentioned and it didn't work.
              Exactly. If the webmaster of that site can't solve this simple problem, what are they doing in the design forum business???
              Simple problem ! I have tried every thing to my knowledge to fix this- bit with no luck.
              So I thought about asking here- but there is no need for any sarcastic remarks.
              This is just a hobby of mine and I love what I am doing.
              Millions love watching football , doesn't mean they have to play it !

Comment

Originally posted by baycity View Post
                They watch, they don't own franchises. Big difference. You should stick to watching. No sarcasm intended. It's just my opinion.
                www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Originally posted by baycity View Post
                  Simon : thanks for the tips !- I have tried this already on serveral occasions what you have mentioned and it didn't work.

Simple problem ! I have tried every thing to my knowledge to fix this- bit with no luck.
                  So I thought about asking here- but there is no need for any sarcastic remarks.
                  This is just a hobby of mine and I love what I am doing.
                  No disrespect but you can't have tried changing the CSS in all those areas, it is simply a DIV or TD which is being over lapped or overlayed, this points to a nested tag, nested tags seem to work slightly different on screen when manipulating the height, width, margin, top......etc experiment and you'll get there
                  Kind regards,
                  Simon

Comment

eJM: No problems !
                    I have run forums for over 7 years and have managed myself to fix these small problems myself, but in this Case, its a mystery.
                    Heres what the coding expert said to me where I got the skin from-
                    It all depends how much coding knowledge you have, for almost all skins the header image is specified within the vBulletin StyleVar which you can see through Style Manager > to the right of the skin there is a drop down with a StyleVar option click that and in the search box type header. It will find the var. Use that to specify the header image. Once you have done that you can go back to Style Manager and click the <<>> to the right of the skin. Go to CSS Templates and double click on the addional.css search for #headerMain OR doc_header (don't have it right on hand wit hme) but you will see where it says height: just change that value to your desired height.

I hope this helps

Comment

I changed the height in this code and the logo fitted into place
                      HTML Code:
                      .headerwrapper {
                      background: url(images/totallypro/misc/h1bg.gif) repeat-x;
                      height: 140px;
                      }
                      But the white background behind the logo isn't fitting.....
                      Still trying !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X