Events don't show on FORUMHOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events don't show on FORUMHOME

I've tried this on a fresh install, and my modified install that hasn't had ANYTHING relating to events, or that section of the FORUMHOME changed.

I'm fairly certain the options are set correctly, and it is enabled to display upcoming events for the next 14 days.

On both a brand new fresh install, and my actual install, events posted on the calendar do not show up on the forumhome.

Even if I try and remove the if statement so it would show all the time, it still shows nothing.

Am I missing something?

You are talking about on the bottom of the forumhome page? Go to Calendar Manager > edit the calendar > make sure "Show upcoming events from this Calendar on the forum index" is set to Yes.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

still nothing.

Ive gone to the calander and added an event for tomorrow. It still will NOT show up on the FORUMHOME.

This is extremely important as the community I'm trying to build will make heavy use of the calendar, and there is no point posting events if no one will see them.

I removed the if statement, and the events box will show on forumhome, but no events are listed within.

Comment

ok i think i got it. I redefined THIS_SCRIPT on the index as forum_index .... I did this for a reason but I guess the script looking to post events is looking for the "defined" index which wasn't there.

I may have to put that back to index, but that caused a couple of other problems.

where would I find that $upcomingevents code? The reason I ask is because I have a duplicate forumhome as an index page, but they can't both be defined as INDEX so I need to add code to the places looking strictly for INDEX and also add OUINDEX (The main page script/index)

Comment

I would NOT modify what any of the default pages in vbulletin define as THIS_SCRIPT. I have no idea what sort of problems would may cause. If you need some variable defined for your own use, pick another name besides THIS_SCRIPT.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

well, i've discovered one problem of changing the defined script name......events don't show, or anything needing that script name.

The reason I did that, and maybe you can offer a suggestion on this, is because I have an index.php file outside of my forum directory, it's the root index for my site.

The custom index is a vbulletin page, almost a copy of FORUMHOME.

When trying to add the code for WOL it looks for index.php and a script definition. because I have an index.php inside and outside the forums directory, WOL shows them as viewing the index, and links to the forum index instead of the root index.

Is there a way to get WOL plugin code to "see" a file outside of the forum directory without having to modify vBulletins default script names and other stupid things?

(ignore the phrase, that was for something else....didn't change it cause the code doesn't work anyway.)

HOOK: online_location_process
            Code:
            if ($filename == 'index.php')
            {
                $userinfo['activity'] = 'Main Site Index';
            }
            HOOK: online_location_unknown
            Code:
            if ($userinfo['activity'] == 'ouindex')
            {
                    $userinfo['action'] = '<a href="./index.php?' . $vbulletin->session->vars['sessionurl'] . '">' . $vbphrase['googling'] . '</a>';
                    $handled = true;
            }

Comment

I believe I saw some posts within an article over on vbulletin.org about how to do what you want to do. It includes at least another plugin, iirc. But sorry, I didn't bookmark it, nor have I tried it.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I think I know which article you're talking about, but I wanted to avoid using another file loaded in an iframe, or renaming this index file and having redirects etc.

There's no access to directories without an index, so I would have to have a redirect of some form setup if I want to rename the root index file.

and I can't seem to find out where the $upcomingevents and $birthdays variables are being to set to fire only on the index.
                Last edited by BigJohnny; Wed 29 Sep '10, 2:17pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X