The information that you need to register in order to view this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The information that you need to register in order to view this forum

I set forums that are invisible to unlogged users until they log in, the problem is that they think that subforum is empty, because it happens when they enter this kind of invisible subforum. How can I change that after logging in to this forum the member is redirected to login and there is information that the access is possible after login?

Create a notice for unregistered/not logged in users and show it only in that forum and sub forums. you can always redirect them using an if conditional like this:
    HTML Code:
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 1"> <!-- change 1 to your usergroup -->
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.yoursite.com/yourforum">
    </if>
    Last edited by Simon Lloyd; Mon 27 Sep '10, 3:09am.
    Kind regards,
    Simon
    Microsoft Office Discussion

Comment

Create a notice for unregistered/not logged in users and show it only in that forum and sub forums.

How can I do that exactly?

Comment

in your admincp http://www.yoursite.com/forum/adminc....php?do=modify
        Kind regards,
        Simon

Comment

Where should I put this 'if conditional' which you posted above?

Comment

You can put it in forum display...etc but you need to be more selective, you'll need to add a conditional to allow/deny access to view certain forums, experiment with it your test site.
            Kind regards,
            Simon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X