Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin not allowed to receive private messages

Hello,

It was just reported to me that people cannot send me PMs. It says I don't have permission or have chosen not to receive them.

I'm only at about 30% of my quota. What could be causing this? I don't recall fiddling with any settings. Other admins can receive no problem.
    Danny
    My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

I just discovered that two spam accounts were able to register with the same user name as me. I deleted the accounts and now I can receive PMs. How could this happen?
    Danny

Comment

Please see this thread about the vulnerability.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...te-quot-a-user
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Thank you. Is says there is a fix but I read it and cannot find what the fix is. Can you point me to the fix?
        Danny

Comment

Upgrade to 3.8.6, since it only causes issues with up to 3.8.5 or directly from the announcement

Additionally you may prevent any issue arising by entering the following expression into the User Registration Options:
          vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options > Username Regular Expression: ^[A-Za-z0-9 ]+$
          As a cautionary note, this will limit usernames to just containing alpha-numeric English characters, if you would like your userbase to utilize non-English characters, you may need to edit this regex appropriately.
          The permanent solution we will develop will not have this restriction on characters.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X