Disabling PM's for a small set of users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling PM's for a small set of users

I have created a secondary usergroup and set the number of PM's that usergroup can have to 0. I have assigned the users in question to that secondary user group as well as their primary usergroup (registered). Yet they can still send PM's. What am I missing?

Because they are also in a Primary Usergroup?
    One Usergroup says: yes they can send PMs, the other: not. One is going to win through...looks like the Primary Usergroup did

Comment

I even tried changing their primary usergroup to the one with 0 set as the limit for PM's and created a test user in that group and was still able to send a PM.

Comment

So let me get this straight:
        Your normal Registered Users Usergroup (default group number 2) allows PMs yes?

You'd need to create a copy of that usergroup but the only difference being that its PMs are set to zero. Then move your chosen members to that group only.

Other than that...
        Try disabling any mods you may have installed.

To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X