Some users visitor messages not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some users visitor messages not showing

in latest 3.8.x, we have some, but not all, users with a VM problem. Can't see any VMs in their profile page..

the VM tab doesn't even show, clicking on the vm link in stats shows no tab and no content. Its not permissions or user settings, I double checked (and reset them as well).

see: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member....29&styleid=167 for an example.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on and how to fix it?
    Last edited by pokesph; Tue 31st Aug '10, 5:54pm.
    Steve, Webmaster and Admin
    www.pokecommunity.com

Do you actually have VMs on (vboptions > user profile options > enabled features)? Do they have it turned on in their UserCP? Does it show up in a totally default style? Does it show up if all modifications are turned off via the config.php file? Do you allow profile privacy? Do they have it set so only friends can see it?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

yes, vms are definitely on and work for other users (just not for some, even when set exactly the same)..
      and the user was set to allow users to VM in both the user's cp (they set it) and through acp. People on friends list and mods/admins can see and post however..
      it acts like the private flag isn't getting removed properly.

default vb style: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member....9029&styleid=1

haven't tried disabling mods yet as it is only affecting a few users..
      Steve, Webmaster and Admin
      www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

Originally posted by pokesph View Post
        yes, vms are definitely on and work for other users (just not for some, even when set exactly the same)..
        and the user was set to allow users to VM in both the user's cp (they set it) and through acp. People on friends list and mods/admins can see and post however..
        it acts like the private flag isn't getting removed properly.
        I am having the exact same problem. It is only happening to one user that I am aware of and they are in the same usergroup as everyone else. Their visitor messages are enabled and limit to contact/mods is set to "no". The problem is still there with the default style. (see attached).

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	3686515

Any ideas?

Comment

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
          Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment