Picture albums broke when domain changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture albums broke when domain changed

I just changed domains of my forum and the picture albums broke - when I changed domains i had to change the directories from home also (/home/domain1 to /home/domain2)

so I get this error when trying to view an image:
    Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/domain1/public_html/albums/1/1678.picture) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/domain2:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in [path]/picture.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:3283) in [path]/picture.php on line 205
    GIF89a��€��ÀÀÀ���!ù����,�������D�;

The path is wrong, how can I change it to /home/domain2/ ?

no help?

Comment

Can anyone please assist me in this?

Comment

Try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

Also, you may need to speak to your host regarding the open_basedir settings on your server

Does this resolve the problem?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I reuploaded the files twice on my server and had no luck (even ran the upgrade script again)

What do I ask my host to do about the open_basedir?

Comment

You have open_basedir restrictions on your server. To get uploads to work you need to create a 'tmp' subdirectory under your main hosting directory and chmod it to 777. Then in the Admin CP set "Upload In Safe Mode?" to 'Yes' and point the "Safe Mode Temp Directory" to that directory. If you placed the tmp directory in the right place, the path to the Safe Mode Temp Directory will be:

/home/yoursite/tmp

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Temporary Directory

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Upload Enabled -> Yes

Also the php.ini setting for 'upload_tmp_dir' may be empty. It's possible you (as root) or your host will need to edit php.ini and set 'upload_tmp_dir' to point to the full path to a directory on the server that is chmod'd to 1777. You will also need to restart Apache after making this change.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

The tmp directory was already correct in admincp, and it was present in home/domain2/tmp (also set it to 777, was at 755), I enabled "Safe Mode Upload Enabled", and still no luck.

Upon uploading i get this error:
              Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/domain1/public_html/albums/1) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/domain2:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in [path]/includes/functions_file.php on line 60

I dont know why its reading files out of my old domain and not new domain?

Comment

Originally posted by agurus View Post
                I dont know why its reading files out of my old domain and not new domain?
                I'm guessing it's still being called in the database..
                have you searched it?
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

No I have not - I am not really good at MYSQL but I have a general idea...can you point me of what I should be looking for and where?

I also wanted to clarify this issue occurs when trying to VIEW an image uploaded to albums or upload one
                  Last edited by agurus; Mon 16 Aug '10, 12:05pm.

Comment

Originally posted by agurus View Post
                    No I have not - I am not really good at MYSQL but I have a general idea...can you point me of what I should be looking for and where?

I also wanted to clarify this issue occurs when trying to VIEW an image uploaded to albums or upload one
                    do you have access to phpmyadmin?

if so, you can search for any traces of your old domain
                    -- Web Developer for hire
                    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

And if there are traces you want me to change it to my new domain?

Also, what about uploading? Why do I get errors for that - is the issue related?

Comment

Are you album images stored in the database or the filesystem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                          Are you album images stored in the database or the filesystem?
                          File system

Comment

So any idea? Can I open a ticket/get official help?

Comment

Per the settings open_basedir, the images must reside within the forum dir, not outside of them.

Example:
                              Incorrect = /home/username/public_html/useralbums

Correct = /home/username/public_html/forum/useralbums
                              Gentoo Geek

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X