Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show sub-forum posts as new posts in main forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show sub-forum posts as new posts in main forum?

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to undo something that a previous Administrator did. Basically, the default settings show sub-forum posts within the main forum (the main forum shows the "new" icon when a post is made in the sub-forum). I'm trying to find out if there's a setting somewhere in the ACP that I'm overlooking to switch things back to normal (presently, new posts in sub-forums only register as new posts within those sub-forums, not in the main forums). I'll swear I found it before, hidden somewhere within the ACP; however, the more I look this time around, I just can't find it.

Does anyone know how to undo this?

I do not recall any option like that. It's always been that if there is any new thread in a forum, which includes it's sub-forums, then it shows the New Threads icon.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Could it be tied to a vB.org modification, or even an SQL query?

It's absolutely stumping me, and yet I'm nearly positive I saw an option somewhere in the ACP, but I can't find it now.

(I suppose more to the point, my question is -- is there a way to fix it?)
      Static-xbox
      Last edited by Static-xbox; Tue 3 Aug '10, 9:17pm.

Comment

Not meaning to push the issue, but wanted to ask again if there was any way to fix this issue?

Comment

Hi,

Still not trying to push the issue at all, but I do need to figure this out somehow. Is there an SQL query that might have been run to cause this? Perhaps it'd be easier to ask at vBorg, but I thought I'd try here first, to see if there was a solution...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X