Vulnerability in 3.8.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulnerability in 3.8.5

Few days ago one user send me a message that forum has security hole, so he will tell me what if I do something for him. I just ignore him, but jesterday he was able to change my avatar. After changing he sent me new message telling me it is only start. I also noted that he was trying to log in to ACP two times and for username first time he put email I am using for forum and second time database user name, so he have that information.
    I realy don't know what to do. Upgrading to 3.8.6 is not solution because it dosen't have any fixes related to security that kind.

How do you know that the vulnerability is in the forum software and not in any of your add-ons ?
    www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

Post your logs to be able know how he did it.

Comment

Which logs do you mean?

Comment

access_log and error_log and the mysql_log might help disclose how it was exploited, either via vanilla vbulletin, or third party addons, or perhaps done via mysql, or the ssh was compromised, etc, you don't know. I mean; how do you know it was vB that has the issue?

Comment

Where I can find all this files?

Comment

Originally posted by kolenoblata View Post
              Where I can find all this files?
              Ask your host to check their access logs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X