Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibhor
    replied
    You are quite right, and I'm actually considering to do that but unable to find an appropriate alternative of webhost.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    Oh wow. I would never deal with my own sites being down that long. I'd simply say "cancel my account," and move to a new provider. I've done it numerous times. Props to your patience. Haha

Leave a comment:

• Vibhor
    replied
    Got it. Thanks so much SNN. Hope my site gets back online soon. It's more than five hours now.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    FSCK is a server program to check the integrity of the hard drive and it's partitions.

Basically, they're using a linux version of CHKDSK (windows check disk) that will either fix the hard drive, or tell the host their hard drive is screwed and they need to copy data to a new hard drive.

Leave a comment:

• Vibhor
    replied
    Thanks for the response, SNN. The host said that server is off line and they're running "FSCHK". Now what exactly "FSCHK" is?

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    I assume that this is correct (and partially confirmed via a Google Search): The /tmp directory does not have the appropriate permissions to create/write files by the mysql process. If your host is good, they should know how to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• Vibhor
    replied
    Update: Site completely down again, Now showing a broken link.

Leave a comment:

• Vibhor
    replied
    Sorry for back-to-back posts but, When I disabled photoplog plug-in, my forum started partially working (Some areas like User CP etc are not accessible). But after enabling the plug in again every goes down and shows a database error message. Any pointers please?

Leave a comment:

• Vibhor
    replied
    They just sent following response, but I can't understand, what is it?
    Your problem has been fixed. I have just eraser *.tmp files. Also I have just run FSCHK on your server. Your site will be on line in few hours

Leave a comment:

• Vibhor
    started a topic Site Down with Database Errors

Site Down with Database Errors

Hello Team, I know database errors questions are rather common but this one is urgent because my website is getting down from a few hours. Currently, My site is with Just Host and it went down for sometime, After inquiring, they said it will be back soon and their Admins are working on it. Now, it is more than a couple of hours, my forum came up online but then after a while I started getting lots of database errors and it again went down. There's no response from host yet to the mail I sent. However, I tried to fix the matter from my end by going onto Admin Cp's Optimize/Repair Tables Task (Only this part and plug in section of Admin CP is working). So, after repairing, Everything was showing OK except "post" was corrupted and some another. I was getting this kind of DB Error before:

I'd like to know what the issue is all about and how can it be fixed urgently? thanks.
    Last edited by Vibhor; Sun 2 Jun '13, 3:40am.