• Show
Clear All

• K4L
    replied
    Hi Trevor that fixed it thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Re-download the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server. Then go to http://www.yoursite.com/forumdirecto...nalupgrade.php. This will re-import the default phrases and templates to the database.

Next, go to AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager and add a new style - this will use the restored default templates.

Does this resolve the problem?

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    replied
    May I ask how to duplicate a style? I could not find the option..

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Templates are stored in the database
    Hi Trevor.

What do you think I can to get my template back to normal?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Templates are stored in the database

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    replied
    A couple more questions.

When an xml(template) is imported via admin panel where are the template files stored..?

I looked in postbit legacy template but the code seems healthy.
    <!-- message -->
    <div id="post_message_$post[postid]">
    $post[message]
    </div>
    <!-- / message -->
    This is the advertising code(i have modified it)..
    <!-- message -->
    <div id="post_message_168378">
    blahblah <span id=sivu><a href=example.html>blah</a></span><script>blahblah</script>
    blah blah. (as delivered by Google)<br />
    <br />
    </div>
    <!-- / message -->
    where do you think I can find the bug that is causing to display this msg..? It's only happening in one template.
    Last edited by K4L; Thu 22nd Jul '10, 3:01am.

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    replied
    cheers Rolla.

Leave a comment:

• Rolla
    replied
    maintenance > diagnostics > suspect file versions

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    replied
    Hi Rolla thank you.

Where would I find an option 'suspect file versions'?

Leave a comment:

• Rolla
    replied
    I think they probably changed 'newreply' / 'newthread' but it may not be a template hack.

I would run suspect file versions and see if they changed the newreply.php or newthread.php files

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    replied
    hi there.

My webhost has removed suspected files in home directory and new posts are not displaying the advertising message anymore. However the threads are still displaying the same messages. I think you are right about template has been modified.

I have switched to a default template and the posts display fine.

Which template do you think has been modified? postbit? i'm using legacy. I looked in 'postbit legacy' but didn't find the advertising code in it.

Regards,
    D

Leave a comment:

• Rolla
    replied
    it sounds like your newpost file or template has been changed to output the hackers code. I would try to restore these from backups or remove the affected code. To mass fix all the posts you will need a custom script similar to cleaner.php included with vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• toon79
    replied
    Is HTML on in your forums someone could be posting meta refresh code? Do you have a live link?

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    replied
    The message in the post is not searchable.. I have no knowledge of mysql or php..

How can I query these messages? then plug in original content?

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• K4L
    started a topic Needs big help

Needs big help

I'm hoping that someone can help with this problem I'm having.

Basically my forum got hacked today.

Symptom(s):
    - any new threads/posts seemed to have displayed the hacker's advertising message
    - if any post was made in older threads have also infected other posts in the same thread in multiple pages. Mostly all posts in an infected thread got the same message.
    + these messages displayed don't seem to be searchable.. good thing is that the content of each post can be edited back to original post. I believe I have thousands of posts infected with this hack and i can't go ahead and edit/save each post manually. (if i click on edit button on an infected post I can see original content so I can save it to get the original post back..)

I'm in need of help to make this process automated somehow..

Please help.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X