Emergency changed config BROKE ALL OF FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency changed config BROKE ALL OF FORUM

I just changed the config to remove an admin and broke the whole forum! please help?

You have junk data on the first fiew lines of your config.php file. Make sure you're editing the file as a plaintext non utf8 file.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      You have junk data on the first fiew lines of your config.php file. Make sure you're editing the file as a plaintext non utf8 file.
      Well since I already ruined it what can I do? anything>? or resort to r1soft restore includes file?

Comment

perissions show 644, could that be why?

Comment

Nope, get a different editor, and save it as a plaintext ascii format, not UTF8, or redo the config file from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            Nope, get a different editor, and save it as a plaintext ascii format, not UTF8, or redo the config file from scratch.
            Ok I am trying but wordpad is now default so i cant open with notepad from the original file. would anyone here do it for money I am really depressed now and my head is pounding already from headache/tired all day..

Comment

Originally posted by locachica View Post
              Ok I am trying but wordpad is now default so i cant open with notepad from the original file. would anyone here do it for money I am really depressed now and my head is pounding already from headache/tired all day..
              SHIFT-Right Click - Open With... - choose notepad.

Or, Start - Run - notepad.exe - File Menu - Open - Browse to config.php - Open - edit using Notepad.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Ok I made notepad default still not working the files are all ran together the one i edited doesnt seem messed up though. I feel like such an idiot this is really bad.

Comment

... wants to throw up.

Comment

You could always either edit the one in the original download, or re-download it, then transfer the info from the one that is corrupt..
                    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Do you mean ansi? I dont get it and I can't open the file its all run together on the new install. ack

Comment

I tried that, doesn't work the file is ran together somehow I downloaded twice changed config.php.new to config.php opened all ran together

Comment

Wow ok I think I fixed it got a new text editor my gosh I am sorry thanks for the help.

Comment

Except now it's back to saying: Your password is 180 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.

Comment

Ok think I fixed that expiry was set, weird.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X