Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Restore Through MyPHPAdmin

Hello,

my website got majorly hacked, wordpress shut down, vbulletin shut down, dadamail shut down . . .

am trying to rebuild it without starting from scratch, trying to salvage anything . . .

Hundreds of files had a bogus code string inserted via a PHP insertion tool . . .

Scrapped the entire VB forum folder and uploaded new and created new database, installed VB to that Database and then restored an old saved version of the forum to that database,

from MyPHPadmin can be seen all the posts and phrases etc that were uploaded from the restore, however the forum is unchanged from its "brand new" installation look . . .?

Should I have not "installed" it and just restored the .sql file to a blank database??

Any advise would be greatly appreciated . . . (even advise on how to salvage hacked databases)

thanks
    Read my 2nd Book! (Individualist's Governance)
    Read my 3rd (small) Book!(Theoretical Physics)
    -- Visit my sites !!!: www.liberty-alliance.net, & www.energy-economy.org -- :D
    My amateur forum :) : www.liberty-alliance.net/masterforum
    High End Lawyers Now in the People's Hands !! > http://www.liberty-alliance.net/Page...alservice.html

If the database is setup correctly, try going to admincp > maintenance and updating your counters
    and to answer your question, no I think using impex would be a better alternative for importing a backup to a clean install.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by pitviper View Post
      Hello,

my website got majorly hacked, wordpress shut down, vbulletin shut down, dadamail shut down . . .

am trying to rebuild it without starting from scratch, trying to salvage anything . . .

Hundreds of files had a bogus code string inserted via a PHP insertion tool . . .

Scrapped the entire VB forum folder and uploaded new and created new database, installed VB to that Database and then restored an old saved version of the forum to that database,

from MyPHPadmin can be seen all the posts and phrases etc that were uploaded from the restore, however the forum is unchanged from its "brand new" installation look . . .?

Should I have not "installed" it and just restored the .sql file to a blank database??

Any advise would be greatly appreciated . . . (even advise on how to salvage hacked databases)

thanks
      Double check the db connection info at the config.php file to make really sure that it is connected to that db where you restored the backup.

When you got hacked, what kind of hack it was? If the db wasn''t infected, then you can still use it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X